Ahearn family page
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origins of surname
This name was first found in the west of Ireland where the family held a seat in the province of Munster.
The family first arrived in Jersey in the second decade of the 19th century. However, it was not until the end of the century that a family became established. Daniel Ahearn and Blanche Amelia Simmons were married in St Simon's Church in 1897. Daniel was said to have been born in Jersey in 1875, but we can find no other records to support this. However, his father was given as Michael, and a Michael Ahearn, from Cork, is shown in online trees as moving first to Guernsey, where four other children were born, and eventually dying in Jersey (see tree below). Other online references support the relationship.
Great War service
Sons of Michael and Eliza
- John Edward Hearn (1889-1916) Private, Royal Inniskillen Fusiliers, died of wounds
- William Ahearn (1882- ) (St H), Able Seaman RN, HMS Cochrane
- William Charles Ahearn (1900-1918) son of Daniel and Blanche Amelia Simmons, Private, Hampshire Regiment, killed in action
- Daniel Arthur Francis Ahearn (1898- ) (St H), Private, Royal Warwickshire Regiment, wounded twice
- Thomas Ahearn (1883- ) (St H) son of Michael and Sarah, Leading Stoker RN, HMS Tarlair