Albert family page
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
Derived from the same personal name, this is a name of Germanic origin, from Albrecht, composed of adal = 'noble' and berht = 'bright, famous'
The first appearance of this surname in Jersey records was the baptism in May 1772 of Richard William son of Henry Albert and Catherine Plowman of St Helier
Great War service
- Claude Henry Albert (1882-1917) Private, Canadian Infantry, killed in action
- George Alexander Thomas Albert (1900-1918) Private, Canadian Infantry, killed in action (served as George Henry)
- Lancelot George Arthur Albert (1898-1919) son of Lancelot George Albert and Mabel Clarence Maud Neil, Able Seaman RN, HMS Victory, died
These wills created by members of the Albert family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Albert : Lancelot George , of 30, Cannon Street, St Helier - 11/Sep/1929 , 16/Dec/1960 , D/Y/B1/62/16
- Albert : Lillie Adelina Fewins , widow of John Standsbury Le Maistre, of Flat 4, 21, Commercial Buildings, St Helier - 25/Jun/1975 , 10/Feb/1976 , D/Y/B1/235/11
- Albert burial records 1867-1960: These records are taken from record books of the main undertaker in business during these years. Further undertakers' records can be found in the indexes contained in our Burial records section, as well as records for individual cemeteries. They will be added to individual family pages as time permits.
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs
No images yet available