Origin of Surname
Allaire is a surname of French origin, it is a variation of the French version of the forename Hilary (Hilaire).
- Pont Allaire, former bridge at the Braye du Valle, now the name of the road that replaced it.
- Maison Allaire, - residence in the Pollet, St Peter Port
- Mount Durant, residence of Jean Allaire in St Peter Port, now the official residence of the Lieutenant Governor of Guernsey
- Jethou, of which Jean Allaire and his daughter Marie were tenants.
- Jean Allaire (1763-1846) - privateer and tenant of Jethou
- Marie Collings née Allaire (xxxx-xxxx) - daughter of Jean, purchased the Seigneury of Sark from Pierre Carey Le Pelley.