Anderson family page
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This name, found originally in both England and Scotland, means 'son of Andrew'.
The name Anderson first appeared in Jersey church records in St Brelade in 1713, but it was some 50 years later before two families started to become established. Over the next 100 years there were many Anderson baptisms but it is very difficult to link any of the families and it is believed that there was a substantial number of male immigrants.
It is noteworthy that we have been unable to trace any children of nine Anderson marriages recorded between 1712 and 1931.
The one tree we have received is for a family originating in Kent.
Births and baptisms
Anderson family members who served in the Great War
- John Victor Cortlandt Anderson, Captain in Queen Victoria's Own Corps of Guides, killed in action 1918
- George Anderson (1891- ), Stoker 2nd class RN, HMS Victory II
- Joseph Ennis Slater Anderson (1898- ), Sub-Lt RN, HMS Renown
These wills created by members of the Anderson family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Helen Anderson née Kidd, Les Creux Cottage, St Brelade - 5 January 1931, D/Y/A/91
- William Anderson of Velora Cottage, Roussel Street, St Helier, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier 10s To William Anderson Mortimer two Spanish Government Bonds and three Russian 5% Bonds To Isabella Hunter three Imperial Turkish 6% Bonds - 28 September 1875, D/Y/A/38
- Carl Anderson, 3 The Terrace, St Helier 7 October 1915 27 October 1915 1 November 1917 - 19 December 1923, D/Y/A/83
- John Anderson, Great Union Road, St Helier - 23 April 1924, D/Y/A/84
- John Anderson, Les Creux Cottage, St Brelade - 7 May 1938, D/Y/A/102
- George Anderson, Queens Road, St Helier - 24 March 1948, D/Y/A/119
- John Anderson, West View, Mont-a-L'Abbé, St Helier, D/Y/A/117
- Charles Thomas Anderson was a chemist at 23 King Street in the 1850s and '60s
- Watchmaker J Anderson was at 1 Queen Street in the 1830s
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs