Andow family page
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
We have found no specific reference to this name, but some suggest that it is a variant of Dando, and that it has its origins in the Normandy department Orne. We are not convinced of the word associations, but in the absence of any other ideas, we put this suggestion forward.
This name first appeared in Jersey records in the 1830s, but it was another two decades before a family became established.
Great War service
- Ernest Louis Godfray Andow (1887- ) (St H) Sergeant, RFA
- Frederick Charles Andow (1881- ) (St H) Quartermaster, Mercantile Marine Reserve
- Joseph Alexander Andow (1880- ) (St H), Able Seaman RN, HMS Castor
- Walter Edwin Andow (1893- ) (St H) Sergeant RE
- Winter Edward Andow (1889- ) (St H) son of Frank and Julia Dooleu, Corporal RE
This will created by a member of the Andow family is now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, date and reference number shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Joseph Andow, 32 St Saviours Road, St Helier - 7 February 1921, D/Y/A/81