Anthoine family page
A Miss Anthoine, and her younger brother, photographed by Ernest Baudoux
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origin of Surname
The record from 1309 would appear to conflict with the assertion by J Bertrand Payne (see below) that the family arrived in Jersey some time after the reign of Elizabeth I.
Barthelemy Anthoine (1576-1613) m (1601) Collette Jutize (1580-1643) d of Edouard and Mabel Mallet
Payne's Armorial of Jersey
This family descends from William Anthony, a native of Cologne, on the Rhine, whose son, Diricke Anthony, was citizen and goldsmith of London, and chief engraver of the Mint and Seals in the reigns of Edward VI, Mary, and Elizabeth. It afterwards settled in Lisbon, and subsequently was established in Jersey, about the latter part of the reign of Elizabeth.
Thomas Anthoine, possessed at one time part of the paternal property of Falle, the insular historian, as his descendant maternally.
Arms : Argent, a leopard's head cabossed, gules, between two flaunches, sable, each charged with a plate.
- Anthoine, 1402
- Antoine, 1528
- Antoigne, 1309
- Descendants of Thomas Anthoine
- Descendants of Thomas Anthoine -2
- Descendants of Jean Anthoine
- Descendants of Collas Anthoine
- Descendants of Barthelemy Anthoine
- Descendants of Jacques Anthoine
- Nicholas Anthoine 'kidnapped' at the age of ten and taken to America
Great War service
- Leslie Thomas Anthoine (1894- ) (St S), son of Thomas Constance and Mary Augusta , Lieut, Royal Jersey Garrison Battalion
- Bernard de Quetteville Anthony (1895- ) (St H), CQMS RAMC
- Harold Hero Anthony, Cadet, Royal Military Academy, Woolwich
- Wilfred Mark Anthony (St H), Surgeon Lieut RNR, HMS Q10
- Maria Anthoine was a dressmaker at 19 King Street in the 1890s, probably working from home rather than running a shop
- George Helier Anthoine was a tobacconist and then a tinker at 2 Broad Street in the 1830s and '40s
Anthoine family gravestones
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs