Balston family page
The 1856 St Peter record of the baptism of William Balston, son of Thomas and Mary Ann
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This family is believed to have been named after a lost village of the same name, probably in Devon, because of the numbers found in that county. It is said to be a corruption of Beald's valley or settlement (tun).
The name first appears in Jersey records in 1849.
Births and baptisms
Balston family members who served in World War 1
- Lewis Alfred Balston (1888-1916) Private, East Surrey Regiment
- Thomas William Balston (1884- )(St P) Private, Hampshire Regiment, ex-RMIJ, wounded
- George Charles Henry Balston (1858- ) husband of Mary Piquet, Private, Machine Gun Corps, ex-RMIJ
- Clarence Albert Balston (1898-1955) (St H) son of Albert Henry and Matilda Roach, Private, Machine Gun Corps (first cousin of above)
- William Thomas Balston (1887- ) (St L) son of William Thomas and Helen Maud Private, London Regiment, wounded (uncle of above)
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs