Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
The Barn, Beau Regard
Grande Route de St Jean, St John
Type of property
19th century rural house
Sold for £320,000 in 2003
Families associated with the property
- There are a number of 1941 registrations at Beau Regard, St John, but they do not distinguish between this property and the other of the same name
- IHM ♥ MNC 1739 - For Jean Hamon and Marie Nicolle who married in Trinity in 1728
- 18 JHM ♥♥ NGC 48 - For Joseph Hamon and Nancy Gruchy who married in St Helier in 1843 
Historic Environment Record entry
A mid-19th century Jersey rural house, retaining original exterior features, with evidence of an earlier property on the site. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Principal five-bay, two-storey house with basement. Two-bay wing to the east, now a separate property called The Barn, Beau Regard.
Notes and references
- ↑ Although it would seem likely that Joseph Hamon was a direct descendant of Jean, who owned Beau Regard a century before him, we have not been able to establish a connection, or to place Joseph in any of our Hamon trees