Beauchamp, St John

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Beauchamp, St John


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through

Property name



Grande Route de St Jean, St John

Type of property

19th century farmstead


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property

  • Hamon: The Hamon family lived in two households here in 1901. Retired farmer Philip (1826- ) and his wife Jane, nee Corbel (1827- ) were living with their daughter Jane (1859- ). Separately their son John (1856- ) was living with his wife Annie (1860- )
  • Le Brun: The family was living and farming here during the German Occupation. An application was made in 1940 for postponement of military service for Keith Vincent Le Brun (1918-1974). This must have been successful because he was issued with an identity card the following year. The family was headed by Clarence Le Brun (1895- ) and his wife Dorothy, nee Smith (1891- ). Living with them in 1941 were their sons Keith Vincent and Basil Clarence (1923- ) who was famously one of the first islanders to escape in a small boat to the French coast after it was reoccupied by the Allies in 1941


  • 1858: Dated keystone with no initials

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Mid-19th century farm group. House is square plan, two-storey, three-bay. Hipped roof with paired chimneys. Adjoining is a well executed mid-19th century farm block, retaining original features.

Small cupola with weathervane. Elliptical arch on carriage entrance with dated keystone 1858.

Old Jersey Houses

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs