Beech Farm

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Historic Jersey buildings

Beech Farm, St Peter


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through

Property name

Beech Farm

Previous names

None known


Rue es Viberts, St Peter

Type of property

19th century farmhouse with some remnants of a property from the previous century

Families associated with the property


Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

This five-bay 19th century Jersey farmhouse (with 1746 remains) has good stonework to the south facade and further historic features remaining. The house and outbuildings forms a group which contributes to the rural setting.

Date of 1831 on back door probably indicates date when house was enlarged with additional rooms to the north. The west gable has an early chamfered window, possibly moved from the earlier house. Four stone fireplaces, undecorated and with wooden lintels, possibly of 1746 date. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Old Jersey Houses

Over the back door is a stone with 1831, in decorative script, and this probably gives the date when the house was enlarged by the addition of rooms to the north. The west gable, on the roadside, has an early chamfered window with a nine-pane fixed sash and it was probably moved there as being old-fashioned at the time of the 1831 alterations. The four stone fireplaces may not have been meant to have the granite exposed, as they are quite undecorated and have wooden lintels; they could well be contemporary with the 1746 stone.

Notes and references

  1. The hearts are upside down on the stone
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs