Billot family page
Four generations of St Martin Billots in 1932, Lydie (née Tourgis), Charles, Thomas and Anne. Both Charles and Thomas were Constables of the parish. See Descendants of Elie Billot - 2
If you can help with information about the Billot family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of name
Billot is a district near Lisieux. "Comme la noblesse de Billot" is a saying for proud poverty. However, the name may also indicate a wooded or forested area, or someone living there. A third explanation is that the name is a corruption of 'Robillot' or 'Robillotte', diminuitives of Robert.
The name is found in the Extente of 1331.
A birth of a Rogier Billot is recorded in Jersey in 1562.
- Bellot, a distinct family in Jersey
- Bilot, found in Jersey
- Billot, found in Jersey
- Poingdestre dit Billot, found in Jersey
The two trees below overlap to a considerable extent. It is unclear whether Rogier or Jean (or possibly Thomas) was at the head of the tree
- Descendants of Elie Billot
- Descendants of Elie Billot - 2 This tree, from different sources, is an enlarged version of the one above, with extra lines of descent
- Descendants of Jean Billot and Marie Vaudin, this tree takes the two above back further and follows a different line of descent into the 20th century
Great War service
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs. Images of gravestones in other cemeteries will be added progressively