Blackmore family page
Linda Mabel Blackmore (1879-1960) married Walter Abraham de la Mare
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
The family name, in turn based on a number of locations mainly in the south of England with the same name, is derived from old English bloec = 'dark' and mor = 'hill'.
Blackmores have been present in Jersey since the end of the 17th century, when two children of Philippe Blackmore and Catherine Wilchiere were baptised in St Helier.
Great War service
- Albert Blackmore (1897- ) (St H) son of Albert and Esther Davey, L-Cpl RE
- Albert Blackmore (1860- ) son of James and Mary Clifford, Mercantile Marine
- Wilfred Blackmore (1889- ) (St H), Private, Canadian Infantry
- William Blackmore (St H) Sapper RE (probably 1889- ), son of Annie
This will created by a member of the family is now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, date and reference number shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Albert Blackmore, St Helier Lodged au Greffe - 29 August 1892, D/Y/A/85