Boielle family page
An unknown Mrs Boielle photographed in the early 20th century
If you can help with information about the Boielle family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of surname
We have not been able to find any information about the origin of the surname. It is just possible that it is a corruption of boissel - a small measure of corn.
The Boielle family arrived in Jersey with Huguenot refugee Jean, who married Elizabeth Sorel. Both the trees below are probably descendant lines from this Jean.
- Descendants of Jean Boielle
- Descendants of Louis Boielle
- Descendants of Jean Boielle - 2, although there are some differences in detail, this tree combines the two other trees
Great War service
- Alfred George Boielle (1881- ) (St H) son of Alfred George and Esther Louise Tuckett, Private, Labour Corps
- William Haddon Boielle (1880- ) (St H) son of James and Jeanne Marie Richardson, Sergeant RE
These wills created by members of the Boielle family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Boielle : Alfred George , of Eastleigh Nursing Home, Castle Green, Gorey, St Martin - 28/Jun/1972 , 24/Sep/1973 , D/Y/B1/195/22
- Boielle : Ann Rachel , of St Helier 08/10/1891 Bequeaths to the poor of St Helier £1 - Unknown date , 24/Jun/1899 , D/Y/A/58/50
- Boielle : Edward Clarence , 56 David Place, St Helier - 21/Sep/1938 , 29/Aug/1941 , D/Y/A/108/69
- Boielle : Florence Esther Louisa , widow of Thomas Henry Barton, of Beach Lodge, Roseville Street, St Helier - 06/Apr/1948 , 07/Jul/1956 , D/Y/B1/36/32
- Boielle : Jane Mary , nee Le Masurier, widow of Edward Clarence Boielle, of 56, David Place, St Helier - 21/Mar/1950 , 04/Feb/1958 , D/Y/B1/46/40
- George Boielle, a lay reader, was in business at 62 King Street as a fancy toy dealer in the early 1860s. He was the father of ...
- ... Jean Boielle, whose wife Jane was in business further down the street at No 66 for a short time early in the 20th century ... and then moved next door to No 64