Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
- L'Ecurie: Former barns converted to accommodation
- Jardin de Remon
Grande Route de St Laurent
Type of property
Rural house with 19th century origins
Families associated with the property
- PGLC CRM 1788 - For Philippe Gallichan, of St Lawrence, and Catherine Remon, of St John, married at St Lawrence on 22 March 1769
- PGLC MRD 1810 - For Philippe Gallichan and Marie Rondel, married at St Peter on 16 August 1800
- PGC MBD 1746 - For Philippe Gallichan and Madeleine Baudet, located at L'Ecurie which was formerly the barns at Bon Air. Philippe and Madeleine were married at St Saviour on 28 April 1743
- PGC MBD 1756 - For Philippe Gallichan and Madeleine Baudet, located at L'Ecurie 
Historic Environment Record entry
A rural property of 18th century origins, refaced in the early 19th century, retaining original features and character at a prominent corner location. The cottage has been demolished. Outbuilding range to the east has been considerably altered.
Old Jersey Houses
Two of the datestones are listed in Vol 2 but wrongly shown as at Bel Air.
They are correctly connected to the property Bon Air in a brief description of the houses which stood on the site earlier in the volume. The author suggests that there may have been a tourelle on the main house at some period.
Notes and references
- ↑ The Jersey Datestone Register wrongly gives the address as Rue de la Mare Ballam, which is the extension of Grande Route de St Laurent in St John
- ↑ 4 April 1700 - Bail à fin d'Héritage between Jacque Remon tenant après décret of the héritages of Nicollas Esnouf son of Thomas and procureur of Laurens Remon his brother of the first party and Abraham Alexandre son of Abraham of the second party. Records the lease in perpetuity from 1 to 2 of Jardin de Remon, St Lawrence, Fief de Mélèches for the sum of 9 cabots of wheat of rente. Jersey Archive Reference: L/C/91/A/21
- ↑ Madeleine is shown in the marriage register as Marie Baudest, but her name is recorded correctly in the St Lawrence baptism records of her children
- ↑ Although the three Philippes recorded on these datestones are confirmed as grandfather, father and son, we have not been able to find a St Lawrence baptism record matching the first of the three, who married Catherine Remon, nor an existing family tree into which he can be fitted. We have created a new tree showing this Gallichan lineage