Bonne Nuit Chalet Hotel
Bonne Nuit Hotel, which was officially known for a short time as Bonne Nuit Chalet Hotel, continued to be known by this name by islanders long after the name reverted in 1958. It was not only a popular hotel for visitors to the island, but its restaurant was a favourite venue for Sunday lunches and special occasion meals for non-residents.
A prominent feature was the large lobster tank near the entrance to the restaurant, from which diners could select lobsters and crabs to become part of their meal. This tank was fed with water pumped from the sea.
Sadly the hotel is no longer, having gone the way of many similar establishments in Jersey and been replaced by a block of luxury apartments.
It was not as old as many believed it to be, having been built as a private house by Capt H Stuart in 1928. When the family suffered major losses in a New Zealand earthquake shortly after they had to convert their Jersey home to the Bonne Nuit Summer Holiday Camp in 1930.
The hotel was rebuilt and extended in the 1950s and continued to operate until the early years of the 21st century.