Bossy family page
This name probably originates in the west of France
The record of the baptism of Betty Bossy in St Brelade in 1802
If you can help with information about the Bossy family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of surname
Bossy and the variant Bossis are names found in the Vendée and Loire-Atlantique on the west coast of France. In the Vendée it is a term for a dyke separating salt beds. Numerous hamlets are called Le Bossis. Bossy is also found as the name of hamlets in Provence and Lyonnais.
The origins of Francois Bossy, who married Elizabeth de la Perrelle at St Brelade on 25 May 1801, and appears to have been the first member of the family in Jersey, are not known.
Great War service
- Alfred John Bossy (1869- ) (Gr) son of Philippe and Elizabeth Phelan, Private, RAF
- Maria de Jersey Bossy (1886- ) Queen Mary's Auxiliary Army Corps
- Alfred Reginald Luke Bossy (1880- ) Clerk, RAF
These wills created by members of the Bossy family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Bossy : Philip , ... - 18/Jan/1884 , 29/Nov/1887 , D/Y/A/46/128
- Bossy : Raymond Francis , of La Chasserie, Mont Cochon, St Lawrence - 26/Mar/1953 , 21/Jan/1977 , D/Y/B1/252/17
- Bossy : Susan Mary , Martello House, First Tower, widow of John Touzel - 09/Oct/1931 , 23/May/1932 , D/Y/A/93/16