Bouchard family page
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
Mainly found in the centre of France, this is a name which may be related to bouche, meaning mouth, but those who believe it to be of English rather than French origin say that it is derived from a Germanic personal name, Burchard, derived from the words for hard fortress. We find it hard to believe that the Jersey family had English orgins, given that the first baptisms in the early 1700s were shown as children of Jean and Catherine Gripoix.
The family name first appeared in Jersey church records at the start of the 18th century.
Bouchard family members who served in World War 1
- Percy Francis Bouchard (1899- ) (Tr) Private, Labour Corps
- Redvers George Bouchard (1900- ) Tr) L-cpl, King's Royal Rifle Corps
These wills created by members of the Bouchard family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Bouchard : Alice Jane , widow of John Francis Beaudet, 30 Midvale Road, St Helier - 31/Dec/1945 , 01/Mar/1997 , D/Y/A/115/71
- Bouchard : Jane Mary , in service with the Reverend Albert Bibby - 07/Jun/1879 , 13/Jun/1879 , D/Y/A/40/118
- Bouchard : John Alfred , of La Langue Tennerie, La Rue Ville es Philippes, Grouville - 02/Nov/1976 , 02/Nov/1976 , D/Y/B1/248/40
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs