Calpe, a 131-ton wooden paddle steamer was built at Rotherhithe for the British and Foreign Steam Navigation Company and launched in 1835. She went into service on routes from London to Spain and the Western Mediterranean. Her only early connection with the Channel Islands was a 1936 call in Guernsey when her coal ran out.
In the late 1830s and early in the next decade she operated on a number of routes across the English Channel for the Commercial Steam Packet Company and in 1845 she followed the Wonder on the Southampton-Jersey mail service.
She made very few trips to the islands and was sold in 1849 and converted to a sailing ship, before going ashore near Tangiers in 1852 and being broken up.