Candie Gardens

From theislandwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Candie Gardens is a late 19th century pleasure garden in the centre of St Peter Port.

History

It originally formed the gardens of Candie House, which was bequeathed to the States of Guernsey in 1869.

It contains a statues of Victor Hugo and Queen Victoria, and also features a bandstand. This was the venue for the only concert that the Beatles played in the island.

Present Day

Today, it is the home of the Guernsey Museum and Art Gallery.

References

Personal tools
Donate

Please support theislandwiki.org with a donation to our hosting costs