Carmel Methodist Chapel opened at Rozel, Trinity on 14 January 1844, although the picture on this page suggests that the Sunday School associated with the chapel had opened a year earlier.
The picture was not, of course, taken in 1843, which was four years before photography came to Jersey, but the banner must indicate the founding of the school.
A variety of records of the school are still in the hands of a descendant of one of the school's organisers, including a list of committee members in 1847, a prize list for 1844, an insurance policy for 1866 and the treasurer's accounts for 1892.
The records continue until 1916.
It is not clear when the school ceased to exist but the chapel was converted into a private house in about 1960.