Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Grouville Central Hotel
Rue a Don, Grouville
Type of property
Mid-18th century house
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Le Basse: In 1941 Yves Marie Le Basse (1884- ), his wife Marie Julienne, nee Le Quillec (1880- ) and their son Yves Marie (1926- ) were living here
- 17 PAB ♥ ILNV 70 - For Philippe Aubin, of St Saviour, and Judith Le Neveu, of St Helier, who married in St Martin on 8 August 1762, and had the property built in 1769. There were a number of Philippe Aubins born in St Saviour at a time which would fit with this marriage, and we have been unable to place this couple in any of our Aubin family trees. Judith's ancestry is shown in Descendants of Jean Le Neveu (1535)
Historic Environment Record entry
A good example of a substantial mid-18th century house in a prominent location opposite the parish church. Surviving original features and character.
Operated as a public house/inn during the 19th century until its licence was removed in 1922, then known as the Grouville Central Hotel. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Two-storey, five-bay house. Pitched slate roof with dressed granite gable chimneys, with thatch dripstones and dressed stone verges and kneelers.
Old Jersey Houses