Cleveland Garages

From theislandwiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Garageicon.png


Cleveland Garages



These pictures, taken by local photographers Senett and Spears, were taken for a glossy brochure produced for Cleveland Garages in the late 1940s


In the years before and after the German Occupation Cleveland Garages, owned by the Ryan family, was Jersey's largest group, with the franchise for the Nuffield Group of manufacturers, including Morris, Austin, Riley and Wolseley.

The business was founded by William John Ryan (1890-1945) and continued by his son Dennis after the Second World War, with William's widow Vera, nee Godfray (1894-1984) as chairman.

The group had its headquarters at Havre des Pas, and further showrooms and workshops in David Place and at Mont a l'Abbe

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support theislandwiki.org with a donation to our hosting costs