Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
St Agnes - converted outbuilding
Grande Route de Faldouet
Type of property
St Agnes sold for £363,500 in 2001
Families associated with the property
- Le Seelleur - the house was still owned by the Le Seelleur family in 1941. David Charles Le Seelleur (1892- ), son of David and Elizabeth, nee Binet, was living there with his wife Muriel Spilsbury, nee Robin (1889- ) and their children Muril Binet Le Seelleur (1923- ) and Charles David (1927- )
- DLSL 1880 - For David Le Seelleur
- DLSL ESBN 1895 - For David Le Seelleur and Elizabeth Sophie Binet, who married in 1888 
- 1631 datestone relocated to modern garage block)
Historic Environment Record entry
Historic farm group, principally mid-late 19th century incorporating an earlier 17th century house; retaining character, some original features and group value. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Property converted to multiple occupation in 1995-97. Former farm group comprising two-storey four-bay farmhouse (Cloverley), with further four-bay farm building range to the west, and adjoining two-storey converted linear farm building range; and former two-storey, three-bay bakehouse to north.
The other buildings forming the courtyard to the north and west were rebuilt in 1995.
Interesting 19th century features, in particular the original tiled hallway; dogleg staircase up to first floor with square based turned newel post with ball finial, bun shaped handrail and octagonal turned balusters, and applique to the risers; panelling under staircase, curved at end; and four panel doors.
Old Jersey Houses
Notes and references
- ↑ The stone probably marks the completion of an extension to the building