Cock Robin Cottage

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Cock Robin Cottage, St Helier


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through

Property name

Cock Robin Cottage

Other names

  • Navy Cottage
  • Petherick Cottage


Millbrook Lane, St Helier

Type of property

19th century cottage

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Early 19th century cottage retaining original features externally and internally. The structural integrity internally is of particular note as are the remaining fireplaces.

Appears in 1841 census as Navy Cottage; later changed to Petherick Cottage at the time of the German Occupation, and then to Cock Robin Cottage in the 1960s.

The rafters to the loft of the annexe east attic room are re-used boat ribs - possibly taken from the nearby boat builders in St Aubin's Bay.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs