Collenette family page
This family originated in Guernsey
Clara Elizabeth Collenette, of Guernsey, with grand-daughter Angela in 1935
If you can help with information about the Collenette family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
The derivation of this surname is at present a mystery to us.
The family tree below starts in Guernsey and then moves briefly to Jersey, and then to England. George William Collenette, who was buried in St John, Jersey, does not seem to fit into this tree. He is believed to have been born in Alderney but to have descended from a Guernsey family.
- Collonette, possibly an error in transcription
These wills created by members of the Collenette family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Collenette : George William , of La Maison du Havre, Bonne Nuit, St John - 13/Jan/1975 , 17/May/1976 , D/Y/B1/240/8
- Collenette : Joseph , of St Peter Port, Guernsey - 08/May/1845 , 08/Oct/1849 , D/Y/A/27/41
- Joseph Collenette, of Guernsey was a jeweller at 12 King Street in the 1860s
- Mary Collenette was a jeweller at 12 Halkett Place in the 1850s
- Joseph Collenette ran a fancy goods warehouse at 11 Halkett Place in the 1870s
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs