Connell family page
The 1812 St Martin baptism record of Thomas Connell
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origins of surname
This name, which is found in Scotland and Ulster, is a form of the Gaelic siol cuin, and said to be related to the Clan Donald.
Connell first made a unique appearance in the St Martin register in 1812, followed by a steady flow of baptisms in St Helier from 1816 onwards.
The first two variants are found in Jersey but are distinct families
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- John Robert Connell (1893- ), son of Robert and Ann, Rifleman, Royal Irish Rifles
- Reginald Robert Connell (1891- ) (St H) son of William Walter and Ann Charlotte Filleul, ex-RMIJ, Leading Aircraftsman RAF
- William John Connell (1889- ) (St H) son of William Walter and Ann Charlotte Filleul, Sergeant, Norfolk Regiment
These wills created by members of the Connell family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- John Connell, 11 Regent Road, St Helier - 15 August 1895, D/Y/A/54
- William Connell, Lymington, 2 Parade Road and 24½ New St Johns Road, St Helier - 9 April 1941, D/Y/A/108
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs