Connor family page
This family has been present in Jersey since the late 18th century. A number of different, unrelated families have become established. Bernard Connor, who came to Jersey with his wife Mary Ann Holmes and son Henry in about 1850, and had five more children in the island, was born in Gibraltar
Christopher Valentine Connor and his wife Amelia
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origins of surname
All Connors and O'Connors are said to be descendants of Conchobhair. Historically the clan is the most famous of the Irish, representing the last true Irish monarchy. The name has developed as O'Connor in Ireland and Connor in England.
The first baptisms on record in Jersey were the children of Matthieu Connor and Madeleine Elizabeth Le Noble in St Brelade in the 1790s.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Arthur William Conner (1891- ) (St H) son of Charles and Alice, Sapper RE, ex-RMIJ
- Albermarle Dare Connor, OV, Major, India
- Christopher William George Connor (1897- ) (St H) son of Christopher and Amelia, Private, Dorsetshire Regiment
These wills created by members of the Connor family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Elizabeth Connor née Powell, 26 Ralegh Avenue, St Helier - 31 July 1940, D/Y/A/107
- Harriet Connor of St Helier, now of St Peter - 6 October 1898, D/Y/A/57
- John Connors of Georgetown, St Helier - 27 March 1886, D/Y/A/45