Coombs family page
Rose Anna Beatrice Coombs is pictured third from the left in the front row of this Sunday School class photograph taken in 1909
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
Cumb in old English indicated a short valley.
Differing spellings of the name appeared at different times, but the earliest record is for the baptism of Philippe, son of Jean, in St Brelade in 1704, followed by seven more of Jean's children in the ensuing 13 years.
Great War service
These wills created by members of the Coombs family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Amelia Coombs - 14 April 1939, D/Y/A/104
- Ivy Coombs wife of Philip George d'Arthenay, 20 Journeaux Street, St Helier - 6 December 1939, D/Y/A/105
- Amelia Coombs, 77 Stopford Road, St Saviour - 22 March 1939, D/Y/A/104
- Henry Coombs, 9 Poonah Road, St Helier - 6 June 1924, D/Y/A/84
- George Coombs, Caerleon, St Brelade's Bay - 17 July 1942, D/Y/A/109
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs