Cotillard family page
Residents of Ploeuc-sur-Lie, where the Cotillards in Jersey came from, in traditional Breton costume
If you can help with information about the Cotillard family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
This surname is literally translated from old French as 'petticoat chaser', indicating a womaniser.
The Cotillard family comes mainly from the towns of Ploeuc-sur-Lie and nearby Saint Carreuc in the Cotes d'Armor department in the north of Brittany. Two families became established in Jersey early in the second half of the 19th century, one from each town.
Pierre Marie Cotillard, born in Ploeuc in 1814, came to the island with his wife Catherine and son, also Pierre Marie, who married Jeanne Marie Barron and settled in St Lawrence, then St Mary. See Descendants of Francois Cotillard.
Francois Mathurin Cotillard, was born in St Carreuc in 1853. He appears to have moved to Jersey either shortly before or after his marriage to Jeanne. See Descendants of Arthur Cotillard.
Cotillards from Brittany also settled in Guernsey at about the same time.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
These wills created by members of the Cotillard family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Cotillard : Ada Mary , widow of Walter Pierre Treussard, of The Nest, Le Douet, St Peter - 21/Nov/1969 , 23/Sep/1971 , D/Y/B1/164/43
- Cotillard : Alice Jane , widow of Joseph Carnec, of Jenkins Villa, Coin Motier, St Lawrence and formerly of Coin Varin House Cottage, St Peter - 31/Dec/1965 , 09/Mar/1973 , D/Y/B1/187/26
- Cotillard : Alice Marie , widow of Peter Marie Bonny, of Waterlane Cottage, St Mary - 18/Oct/1978 , 18/Oct/1978 , D/Y/B1/287/33
- Cotillard : Eva Mary , widow of Pierson Charles Roberts, of 2, Mon Plaisir Cottages, St Mary - 02/Jun/1975 , 02/Jun/1975 , D/Y/B1/223/31
- Cotillard : Lucienne Simonne , of No 22 FB Cottages, St Clement - 16/Aug/1977 , 28/Dec/1977 , D/Y/B1/271/17
- Cotillard : Marie Francoise , wife of Francois Ernest Rimeur, of Dularth, Leoville, St Ouen - 06/Aug/1960 , 28/Jul/1977 , D/Y/B1/263/1
- Cotillard : Mathurin Marie , St Brelade - 26/Oct/1912 , 18/Apr/1914 , D/Y/A/73/36
- Cotillard : Peter Marie , of 3, Clairvale Villas, Clairvale Road, St Helier Bequeaths to Florence Shute, nee Cotillard, wife of Henry Shute, his gold watch and chain; to Yvonne Shute, his late wife's ring; to the two daughters of Stanley Cotillard, a bracelet and pair of earrings - 23/Oct/1943 , 12/May/1954 , D/Y/B1/24/36
- Cotillard : William Walter , of Morning Dawn, Mont a l'Abbe, St Helier - 16/Nov/1937 , 02/Nov/1979 , D/Y/B1/308/23
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs