Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Route des Pelles, St Martin
Type of property
18th century farm group
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Corson: In 1941 Edward Peter Corson (1897- ), his wife Anne Louise, nee Audrain (1897- ), his mother Alice Jane, nee Tredant (1873- ) and his children Edward Yves (1920- ), Roselle Marjorie (1922- ), Arthur Midford (1926- ), William Peter (1927- ) and Alan Francis (1929- ) were living here
- 17 TCB ♥ EL 93 - ForThomas Cabot and Elizabeth Le Hucquet, both of St Martin, who married at St Saviour on 30 July 1783 
Historic Environment Record entry
This farm group, with 18th century origins, retains its historic character and features, and remains a cohesive group which contributes to the rural setting.
Main house likely early 18th century, re-fronted in 1793. This building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795, which also includes a scattering of farm buildings.
Some 18th century stonework likely to survive in outbuildings on roadside and small building to rear of house (possibly original bakehouse?), although much altered in 19th century.
19th century pigsties and lean-to extension to house. Late 19th century outbuilding at northeast of house. Farmhouse with outbuildings adjoining to the west, returning in L-plan to north. To north east of rear farm yard is a two-storey barn, running north/south with pigsties and single storey outbuilding forming the northern boundary of the yard.
On approach road to north, at the entrance to the farm, is an L-shaped block of outbuildings.
Old Jersey Houses
Notes and references
- ↑ Although this marriage is in our database, we have been unable to locate this couple in any of our family trees