Dale family page
Sidney and Cedonie Dale with baby Marcelle
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origins of surname
The surname suggested someone living in a dale or valley, from the Scandinavian dalr.
The name first appears in Jersey church registers in the 1780s, but it is another 50 years later before a family becomes established.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Edwin John Dale (1882- ) , Private, Dorset Regiment, St Helier
- Sidney Harold Dale (1891-1961) Joiner RN, HMS Arrogant
These wills created by members of the Dale family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- John Dale, Chesterfield, Fauvic, Grouville - 19 April 1939, D/Y/A/104
- Mary Dale née Carrel, of Verona House, Grouville, widow - 21 April 1948, D/Y/A/119
- William Dale of 6 Salvandy Terrace, St Saviour, bequeaths to Anne R Dale £1000 in Canadian 5% Bonds, £500 in New South Wales 5% Bonds, 10 shares in the Assam Tea Company, to Herbert William Dale 100 shares in the East India Tea Company of Calcutta, desires to be cremated - 12 June 1880, D/Y/A/41