Dimond family page
George Henry Dimond, wife Anna Rebecca, and family
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origins of surname
This is an old English name derived from deye, meaning a keeper of livestock. Although we accept that Diment is a variant, we are less positive about Diamond, and some of the other suggested spelling variations.
Dimond first appeared in Jersey records in 1860, when John, from Devon, married Jane Wright in St Helier.
Great War service
- Charles Dimond (1880- ) (St H) son of Charles and Mary, Bombardier, RFA
- Edward Thomas Dimond (1902- ) (St H) son of Thomas Edwin and Annie Louisa Way, Boy RN, HMS Hecla
- Ernest Dimond (1896-1928) (India) son of George and Anna Rebecca Davis, Sergeant, Tank Corps
- George Theodore Dimond (1884- ) (St H) son of Alfred and Emma Furzer, Sergeant, Royal Horse Artillery
- John Stewart Dimond (1892- ) (St H) son of John Alexander and Mary Ann Jane Dolbel, Rifleman, King's Royal Rifle Corps
- Percy Dimond (1884- ) (St H) son of Charles and Mary, Driver, RFA
These wills created by members of the Dimond family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- George Dimond, Bromley Villa, Saville Street, St Helier - 16 February 1944, D/Y/A/112
- John Dimond, Dale Cottage, Queens Road, St Helier - 25 June 1912, D/Y/A/71