Don Hotel

From theislandwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Don Hotel

The Don Hotel in the Parade is named after Lieut-General Sir George Don, who was Lieut-Governor of Jersey from 1806 to 1814, and in this short time was responsible for the construction of a network of roads throughout the island where previously there had only been muddy tracks.

He is more formally commemorated by a grand statue in the park opposite the hotel, and by Don Street in the centre of St Helier, and Don Road, one of the main routes out to the east of the island.

Personal tools
Donate

Please support theislandwiki.org with a donation to our hosting costs