Driscoll family page
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
Driscoll is an Anglicised version of the Irish O Drisceoil, which was derived from eidersceoil, meaning 'intermediary' or 'interpreter'
The first appearance of this surname in Jersey records was the baptism of Francis James Driscoll, son of Garret James and Elizabeth in St Saviour in 1858. This family line does not appear to have continued. In 1877, Mary Delicia, the first of eight children of William Driscoll and Annie Laffoley, was baptised in St Saviour
Great War service
- Maxwell Norman Driscoll (1895- ) (Gr) son of Francis James and Eliza Ann Driscoll, Gunner, RGA
- Walter John Driscoll DSC (1883- ) (St S) son of William and Annie, Gunner, RN, HMS Prince of Wales
These wills created by members of the Driscoll family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Driscoll : Dennis Henry , of Riviera Guest House, 19, Vauxhall Street, St Helier - 22/Aug/1974 , 22/Jun/1976 , D/Y/B1/242/18
- Driscoll : Kathleen Lilian Maud , widow of Francis George Turner, of 28, David Place, St Helier - 9/Jun/1971 , 6/Jul/1977 , D/Y/B1/261/16
- Driscoll : William Cornelius , 2 Le Geyt Terrace, St Helier - 18/Jan/1921 , 4/Nov/1929 , D/Y/A/89/183
- Driscoll burial records 1867-1960: These records are taken from record books of the main undertaker in business during these years. Further undertakers' records can be found in the indexes contained in our Burial records section, as well as records for individual cemeteries. They will be added to individual family pages as time permits.
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs