Drouin family page
This family came to Jersey from Normandy in the 1840s and is still present today
The 1875 St Brelade record of the baptism of Peter Alfred Drouin
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origins of surname
This name is found in many variations in the west and east of France, and has been present in Normandy since the 15th century. It is a diminuitive of the personal name Droue, from the Germanic Dreue or Drogo. It is a variant of Drouet which is also found in Jersey.
Francois Martin Drouin came to Jersey from Manche, Normandy, in about 1840 and married Irinie Celeste Hortance Bourdon, also from Manche, at St Thomas' Church in 1843. His nephew Jean came to Jersey some years later and married Victorine Fossey at St Brelade in 1866.
Several variants and diminuitives are found throughout France, but not in Jersey.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Arthur Hodgson Drouin (1898-1941) (Gsy) son of George Henry and Harriet Hodgson, of Jersey, Able Seaman RN, HMS Colossus, also served WW2
- Emile Drouin (St H), Corporal RAMC
- Frank Thomas Drouin (1895- ) (Wales) son of Francis and Emilie, Private, Hampshire Regiment, ex-RMIJ
- George Henry Drouin (1870- ) (Tr) son of Francis, husband of Harriet Jane, Sergeant, Leicestershire Regiment
- Julius Drouin (St H), ex-RMIJ, Private, King's Royal Rifle Corps
- John Frederick Drouin (Tr) (1873- ) son of John and Elizabeth, Mercantile Marine
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs