Drummond family page
David Drummond was baptised in Grouville in 1820
If you can help with information about the Drummond family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of surname
This name has its origins in Scotland, and is derived from the Gaelic dromainn, itself a derivative of druim, a ridge.
Soldier David Drummond brought the name to Jersey in the late 18th century. He settled in Grouville and married Marie Le Filliastre and raised a family of eight children.
Great War service
- Malcolm Drummond, OV, Captain, Labour Corps, no apparent family connection with Jersey
These wills created by members of the Drummond family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Charlotte Drummond, 15 Fan Street, St Helier desires to be buried in Almorah Cemetery. Bequeaths to the Jersey General Dispensary £4, D/Y/A/79
- James Drummond, St Saviour - 28 December 1906, D/Y/A/65
- Peter Drummond of 2 Vimeira Place, Stopford Road, St Helier, bequeaths to Malcolm Drummond all landed property and estates on the Island of Carriacou, West Indies, Government of Granada - 10 February 1891, D/Y/A/50
- Susan Drummond, Oaklands Lodge, Mont au Prétre, St Helier - 11 May 1907, D/Y/A/66