Etiemble family page
If you can help with information about the Etiemble family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This surname is derived from a variant of the baptismal name Etienne found in Brittany and Normandy.
The first family arrived in Jersey from France in the 1850s, and there appear to have been other, probably non-related, Etiemble families which arrived later. The main family to become established came to the island from the Cotes d'Armor department in north Brittany.
- Etiemvre, rare in Normandy
- Etienvre, rare in Normandy
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Francis Henry Etiemble (1870- ) (St Mt) son of Francis and Mary, Private, Royal Defence Corps
- Frank Etiemble (St H), ex-RMIJ, Gunner RGA
- John Francis Etiemble (1898- ) (St H), ex-RMIJ, Private, Military Foot Police
This will created by a member of the Etiemble family is now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, date and reference number shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Louise Etiemble, 1 Ingouville Place, St Helier, widow Le Carre, bequeaths to Jean Sangan 17 Peter Street, St Helier - 13 August 1925, D/Y/A/85
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs