Farrell family page
This family appears in Jersey records, mainly in the western parishes, from the start of the 19th century. It is uncertain where the families originated. There were a number of Farrell marriages in the 1830s, mainly involving men and women arriving from Ireland and England. The name was sometimes recorded as Farrell and sometimes as O'Farrell, notably for the baptisms of most of the children of Daniel O'Farrell and Margaret Smith
Mary Farrell, born in Guernsey in 1869
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origins of surname
This is a name of Irish origin, derived from the personal name Fearghal, meaning 'man of valour'.
The first records in Jersey are the baptisms of the children of Thomas Farrell and Anne Amy from 1804 to 1814, at the head of one of the trees below.
- Descendants of Daniel Farrell
- Descendants of Thomas Farrell, tree corrected
- Descendants of Thomas Farrell - 2, a new tree with a different Thomas NEW
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Joseph Farrell (1890-1918) son of Matilda Farrell and husband of Lena, Captain, Devonshire Regiment, died
These wills created by members of the Farrell family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- George Farrell, Moncrieffe, St Ouen - 15 December 1948, D/Y/A/120
- Minnie Farrell née Gray, 2 Harbour View, La Rocque - 10 July 1940, D/Y/A/107