Fielding family page
Florence Edith Fielding (1886-1965)
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of surname
The derivation of this name is simple. Fielding was an extension of 'field' and referred to a dweller on clear land or in open country.
The first appearance of the family in Jersey was towards the end of the 18th century. Charles Fielding married Anne Heller in St Mary on 5 August 1772. Anne died in 1788 and there is no record of their having children, and it is the marriage of soldier Jean Fielding to Jeanne Payn on 10 August 1781 in St Saviour which was to start the descendancy shown in both trees below.
Great War service
- William Christopher Fielding (1884-1918) son of Philip John and Lydia, husband of Daisy Ethel, nee Bassett, Mercantile Marine, ss Southampton drowned in English Channel
These wills created by members of the Fielding family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Anne Fielding, 2 Triangle Place, Bellozanne Road, St Helier, widow of Edouard Costard - 30 June 1908, D/Y/A/67
- Harry Fielding of St Cyres Hotel, Colomberie - 11 May 1945, D/Y/A/113
- Philippe Fielding of St Peter 22 April 1846 - D/Y/A/26
- Thomas Fielding of St Peter, desires to be buried in St Peter's Cemetery, bequeaths to the poor of St Peter, 3s 16 April 1857 - D/Y/A/29
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs