Finch family page
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This surname has the same root as the songbird and may have been given to somebody who bred, or sold them; or possibly to someone with a beautiful singing voice.
The name first appeared in Jersey records in the 1780s, but it would be another 80 years before a family became established.
Great War service
- Joseph Thomas Finch (1887-1917) husband of Sarah, Corporal, East Surrey Regiment
- Richard Thomas Finch (1873- ) (St H) son of Thomas and Sara Collins, husband of Amelie, Rifleman, Royal Irish Rifles, wounded
- Thomas William Finch (1892-1915), son of Richard and Amelie (above), Rifleman, Royal Irish Rifles, wounded
- William Thomas Finch (St H), Gunner, RFA
These wills created by members of the Finch family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- J Finch, East Surrey Regiment - 9 July 1918, D/Y/A/78
- William Finch, St John - 24 May 1940, D/Y/A/106
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs