Flicquet House

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Flicquet House, St Martin


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

Flicquet House

Other names



Rue du Flicquet, St Martin

Type of property

Farmhouse with 18th century origins


Sold for £3.6 million in 2021

Families associated with the property

  • Coutanche


  • 18 PCT ♥ ELH 21 - For Philippe Coutanche and Elizabeth Le Huquet, both of St Martin, who married in St Helier in 1804 [1]

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Two-storey, seven-bay farmhouse, four bays west of throughway, two over and one east. Front elevation: pantile roof, hipped to west, with brick chimney on east house gable. Walls are mixture of squared stone and rubble (gable ends and throughway) all with dressed stone openings. Lintel over throughway is late 20th century.

First floor west room has granite open fireplace, chamfered beam in room, pencil moulded in cupboard.

This house is shown on the Richmond map of 1795.

Notes and references

  1. Not included in the Datestone Register, but matches wedding in Jerripedia database. We have not been able to place Philippe in any of our Coutanche trees
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs