Fortifications gallery

From theislandwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Jersey's coastline has a continuous chain of castles, forts, towers and gun emplacements, built over the centuries to attempt to stop the French recapturing what was once part of the Duchy of Normandy, but became English when King John retained it after losing his French possessions in 1204. This page contains a selection of pictures of these fortifications. More can be found on the pages devoted to the individual installations.

Personal tools
Donate

Please support theislandwiki.org with a donation to our hosting costs