Fraser family page
Major General Sir Thomas Fraser OV
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This is a Scottish name, which may ultimately be of French origin, derived from fraise ='strawberry', and have been given to a strawberry grower.
The name first appeared in Jersey church records in the 1750s, but it was another 20 years before a family became established.
Great War service
- Sir Thomas Fraser, Major-General, Commandant RE, OV
- James Robertson Fraser (St H) Private, RASC
- Thomas Augustine Frazer, Private, RJGB, wounded
These wills created by members of the family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- William Fraser of Merchiston Lodge, St Brelade - 21 June 1939, D/Y/A/105
- James Fraser, 19 Landscape Grove, Mont Cochon - 31 October 1945, D/Y/A/114
- Frances Frazer née Inman, Helena House, Great Union Road, St Helier - 18 October 1940, D/Y/A/107
- Ernest Frazer, Helena House, St Helier - 1 February 1932, D/Y/A/92