Gillam family page
Christine Amy Gillam (1910-2008), born in Jersey the daughter of Stanley Taylor Gillam and Amy, nee Penny
If you can help with information about the Gillam family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This name, first found in English records in the 13th century, is derived from the personal name William, or Guillaume, the French equivalent.
The family first appeared in Jersey records towards the end of the 18th century.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Stanley Taylor Gillam (1883-1936) (St H) son of Charles and Susan, Private, RAOC, wounded (possibly born in Swansea)
- Theodore Richard Gillam (St S), Gunner, RGA (This was probably Theodore Sydney Richard Gillam, born in Swansea in 1881, son of Charles and Susan)
These wills created by members of the Gilham/Gillam family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Mary Gilham of St Helier, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier, £1, and to Captain David Mauger the pictures called the 'Aelian Bridge' and the 'Castle of St Angelo' 1 August 1825 - D/Y/A/20
- Theodore Gillam, Rockvale Farm, Millbrook, St Lawrence - 30 July 1938, D/Y/A/103
- William Gillam, 47 New Street, St Helier, bequeaths to Clara Ebdon 47 New Street - 19 February 1943, D/Y/A/110
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs