Goldsmith family page
William Goldsmith was baptised in St Helier in 1853
If you can help with information about the Goldsmith family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This name simply indicated a worker with gold.
The first Goldsmiths arrived in Jersey around the 1840s. There were probably two or more immigrant families in the mid-19th century.
Great War service
- James Hudson Goldsmith (1878-1916) (Ald) ex-RMIJ, husband of Lilian Davies, RSM RGA, died as PoW in Mesopotamia
- George Richard Goldsmith (1888- )(St H) , Captain RGA
- Lewis Lloyd Goldsmith (1895- )(St H) Gunner RGA, wounded
These wills created by members of the Goldsmith family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Lewis Goldsmith, Pauls Mill, St Saviour, bequeaths to Magdalene Florence Godfray, Moulin de Paul, St Saviour - 26 November 1932, D/Y/A/93
- Mary Goldsmith née Hudson, The Volunteers Ridoubt, Millbrook, St Lawrence - 17 April 1942, D/Y/A/109