Growth of St Helier 1737-1834

From theislandwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Peter Meade map 1737
Stead guide map 1787
Elias Le Gros map 1834

These three maps show very clearly the development of the town of St Helier from the middle of the 18th century to 100 years later. The maps, from top to bottom, are sections of those produced by Peter Meade on behalf of the Board of Ordnance in 1737, that drawn by M Momonier in 1787 and published in 1809 in J Steads A Picture of Jersey; or Stranger's Companion through that Island, and that drawn by Elias Le Gros in 1834.

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support theislandwiki.org with a donation to our hosting costs