Guilliard family page
A family which originated in Normandy
Egbert Henry Guilliard
If you can help with information about the Guilliard family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
The name is French in origin. The variant Guillard is found in Normandy, and is said to mean 'son of Guillaume', although another source says that it is derived from the Germanic personal name Willihard, meaning 'strong willed'.
The head of the family tree listed below, or his son, came to Jersey from Guernsey. The family has used both spellings from time to time. The owner of an online tree currently uses the spelling Guillard, whereas her father used Guilliard.
Variants found in different parts of France, the second specifically in Brittany.
Although there are suggstions that all these names are variants of each other, we believe that Guilliard and Guillard, which can be found in records covering the same generation of one family in Jersey, should be treated separately from the other two, for which we have created a distinct family page.
Births and baptisms
Great War service
- Frederick McClean Guillard (1899-1919) son of James Frederick Chief Petty Officer RN, HMS Penarth killed in action when ship sank
- Philip Guilliard (1882- ) (St H) Leading Boatswain RN, HMS President IV
- Walter H Guilliard (1874- ) (St H) son of Peter Edward and Jane Hutchings, Air Mechanic RAF
These wills created by members of the Guilliard family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Frederick Guillard, St Clement - 17 September 1941, D/Y/A/108
- Mary Guilliard, Landscape Grove, Mont Cochon, St Helier, widow of Frederick Thomas Lowe Waldron - 26 June 1919, D/Y/A/79