Hallett family page
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
The surname comes from the Norman personal name Alard, and further from the Germanic Adelard, composed of adal = 'noble' and hard = 'hardy'
The first appearance of this surname in Jersey records was , somewhat surprisingly, the baptism of the first of four children of Lancelot Hallett, in St Saviour in 1661. Son Thomas had two children in the 1690s, but then the line died out until more Halletts arrived in Jersey in the 1830s.
No substantiated tree available. If you have one, please send it to us
Great War service
No records found
This will created by a member of the Hallett family is now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, date and reference number shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Hallett : Ellen Elizabeth , nee Aubin, Lancashire, England, now residing in Jersey - 14/Jul/1942 , 1/Nov/1944 , D/Y/A/113/5
- Hallett : Gertrude Martha , widow of Albert Edward Knight, of 73, Chesswood Road, Worthing, Sussex and formerly of 4, Sandwich Road, Worthing - 25/Aug/1971 , 23/Aug/1974 , D/Y/B1/210/14
- Hallett : Louise Caroline , widow of Maurice Pyatt Bettany, of Malindi, Petite Route des Mielles, St Brelade - 17/Sep/1975 , 2/Feb/1977 , D/Y/B1/252/48
- Hallett : Mabel Edith , widow of George Clarence Seers, of 24, Harrington Road, Brighton, East Sussex and formerly of Hotel Cidadela, Cascais, Portugal - 31/Dec/1973 , 23/Aug/1977 , D/Y/B1/264/30
- Hallett burial records 1867-1960: These records are taken from record books of the main undertaker in business during these years. Further undertakers' records can be found in the indexes contained in our Burial records section, as well as records for individual cemeteries. They will be added to individual family pages as time permits.
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs
No family gravestone images yet available