Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Haut du Rué
- Haut du Rue Farm
- Haut de La Rue Farm - This is what the property is now known as, but it is linguistically incorrect
Rue du Rue, St Martin 
Type of property
Families associated with the property
- Gaudin: Since at least 1637 until the 19th century
- Rabet: In 1941 Joseph Marie Rabet (1888- ) was living here with his children Cyril John (1916- ), Clifford Wilfred (1918- ), Beatrice Jane (1920- ) and David Daniel (1930- )
1637 PG: for Philippe Gaudin
- 1637 PH
- 1638 PG
Historic Environment Record entry
Historic farm with significant examples of 17th century archways. The overall scale and external character of the mid-19th century farm group, noted in the past for cider making, is also of interest. Incorporating 17th century archways from an earlier property - possibly the building shown on the site on the 1795 Richmond Map.
Refurbished as residential in 20th century.
Contiguous ranges of two-storey buildings creating a square enclosed courtyard. There are pitched slate roofs and rubble granite walls with quoins and dressed stonework to a variety of window and door openings, including loading doors to the north wall. The south elevation is plain rendered. Of particular note is the 17th century arched entrances.
The principal roadside elevation has a Jersey double arch with carriage and pedestrian entrances. The arches are chamfered and beaded, with chamfered jambs and stops, and very unusual moulded imposts (perhaps added circa 1850). The main keystone has a carved shield '1637 PG'.
Aligned on the east courtyard front of the west range is a further arched doorway similarly chamfered with moulded stops and imposts. The keystone has a carved shield '1638 PG'.
Notes and references
- ↑ There is some dispute over the name of this road; it is sometimes called Rue de La Rue, which is incorrect, because the second Rue is not French for 'road' but refers to the family name Le Rué, and old spelling of Le Ruez. Strangely the road appears on Google Maps as Rue des Buttes, which is also incorrect. Rue des Buttes is a continuation of Rue du Rue further to the north, after the junction with Rue Benjamin