Hibbs family page
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email
Origins of surname
This name is a diminuitive of Hibbert, from the Norman Hildebert, hild = battle, berht = famous.
The name first appeared in Jersey church records in 1828, but it was not until the 1850s that the first family, that of Thomas Hibbs and Mary Ann Bowers, became established.
- Ibbotson (son of Hibbs)
- Descendants of Alexander Hebba Ibbs
- Descendants of Joseph Hibbs, alternative version of above with early generations deleted
Births and baptisms
Great War service
These wills created by members of the Hibbs family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- James Hibbs, St Helier - 19 July 1922, D/Y/A/82
- Sarah Hibbs, St Helier, widow of Albert Henry Pitman - 7 January 1919, D/Y/A/79
- Thomas Hibbs of Gloucester Street, St Helier - 28 June 1892, D/Y/A/51
Family photo album
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs